What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • I read about the first 5 pages from November and had quite the good chuckle. Did "Guvnah" set a record for longest post(s)? I think he may have. :p I've experienced a lot of these in 25 years of swimming! I still do get annoyed from time to time, but I'll only say something to someone if they really injure me, because they're not paying attention. This happened not too long ago and I was really surprised at the words that came out of my mouth. I had never used those words in the water! But it really hurt and probably worse, them running into my head was a complete surprise! Pain and surprise are not a good combination! These days when I swim with people that turn my lane into the RESOURCE lane (an education term used to describe the kids who need extra assistance) and mess up sets or intervals I just think to myself and occasionally say, "I'm just happy to be here." There have been times when, for many reasons, I could not swim, so even a bad day swimming is better than not swimming at all :)
  • I read about the first 5 pages from November and had quite the good chuckle. Did "Guvnah" set a record for longest post(s)? I think he may have. :p I've experienced a lot of these in 25 years of swimming! I still do get annoyed from time to time, but I'll only say something to someone if they really injure me, because they're not paying attention. This happened not too long ago and I was really surprised at the words that came out of my mouth. I had never used those words in the water! But it really hurt and probably worse, them running into my head was a complete surprise! Pain and surprise are not a good combination! These days when I swim with people that turn my lane into the RESOURCE lane (an education term used to describe the kids who need extra assistance) and mess up sets or intervals I just think to myself and occasionally say, "I'm just happy to be here." There have been times when, for many reasons, I could not swim, so even a bad day swimming is better than not swimming at all :)
Children
No Data