What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Brenden_ONeil I haven't finished this thread yet, but how about the misuse of the term "Olympic Sized Pool"! I'm sorry, but your Hotel DOES NOT have an Olympic-sized pool and neither do most athletic clubs. If it ain't 50M long, IT AIN'T OLYMPIC SIZED!! Originally posted by swimshark Oh, I second that, Brenden. That is so annoying. And to hear people say it's olympic and then find out it's kidney shaped?! Grrr. I third that! The same applies at the local Aquatic Center where I live. I'm sorry, but a short-course isn't Olympic Sized, it's a SHORT-COURSE. In fact, the only Olympic Sized Pool I know of is in the Military Base where I do my Saturday Workouts with my team. Olympic Sized Pools are 50 Meters in length and are 25 Meters in width. The whole use of Yards is beyond me, it's just too messy.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Brenden_ONeil I haven't finished this thread yet, but how about the misuse of the term "Olympic Sized Pool"! I'm sorry, but your Hotel DOES NOT have an Olympic-sized pool and neither do most athletic clubs. If it ain't 50M long, IT AIN'T OLYMPIC SIZED!! Originally posted by swimshark Oh, I second that, Brenden. That is so annoying. And to hear people say it's olympic and then find out it's kidney shaped?! Grrr. I third that! The same applies at the local Aquatic Center where I live. I'm sorry, but a short-course isn't Olympic Sized, it's a SHORT-COURSE. In fact, the only Olympic Sized Pool I know of is in the Military Base where I do my Saturday Workouts with my team. Olympic Sized Pools are 50 Meters in length and are 25 Meters in width. The whole use of Yards is beyond me, it's just too messy.
Children
No Data