What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I work out at a gym that doesn't provide kickboards, pull-buoys, or a pace clock. It does, however, have a large number of what I call "water-walkers" - the people that bounce up and down a lane at a snails pace and call it a work out. Then, there's the lady that brings her stretch cords to the pool (at 5:00 pm, when it's crowded), hooks them up and does a VERY splashy backstroke in the middle of the lane, hooked to her cords. Don't get me wrong - those things are great for people who have small pools in their backyard, and want to get a workout, but the gym I'm at actually has a 25-meter pool! Why the cords?! And, if you're going to "water-walk", get in a lane with other water-walkers -- you can fit a lot more of them into a lane than lap swimmers with vastly different speeds. Thanks for the opportunity to vent! Kae
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I work out at a gym that doesn't provide kickboards, pull-buoys, or a pace clock. It does, however, have a large number of what I call "water-walkers" - the people that bounce up and down a lane at a snails pace and call it a work out. Then, there's the lady that brings her stretch cords to the pool (at 5:00 pm, when it's crowded), hooks them up and does a VERY splashy backstroke in the middle of the lane, hooked to her cords. Don't get me wrong - those things are great for people who have small pools in their backyard, and want to get a workout, but the gym I'm at actually has a 25-meter pool! Why the cords?! And, if you're going to "water-walk", get in a lane with other water-walkers -- you can fit a lot more of them into a lane than lap swimmers with vastly different speeds. Thanks for the opportunity to vent! Kae
Children
No Data