What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by jean sterling Maybe you shouldn't be so polite. :-) I agree! At my gym we only have 3 lanes and many people stand around in the lanes even though I'm actively doing laps. I simply do very sharp, forceful and accurately placed flip-turns inches away and they usually move into one of the 2+minutes per lap lanes. As for people who sit on lane lines and keep "falling" in your path: just chop the water with the hand away from them as it enters the water. You'd be amazed how accurately you can peg them with a nice chunk of water without looking obvious! :D Anywhere besides a pool, these people's actions would not be tolerated. It would be like leaning on a stack of weights to talk to your buddy while someone is using them or tieing your shoe on an occupied stationary bike. You'd be flogged!!!! I haven't finished this thread yet, but how about the misuse of the term "Olympic Sized Pool"! I'm sorry, but your Hotel DOES NOT have an Olympic-sized pool and neither do most athletic clubs. If it ain't 50M long, IT AIN'T OLYMPIC SIZED!!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by jean sterling Maybe you shouldn't be so polite. :-) I agree! At my gym we only have 3 lanes and many people stand around in the lanes even though I'm actively doing laps. I simply do very sharp, forceful and accurately placed flip-turns inches away and they usually move into one of the 2+minutes per lap lanes. As for people who sit on lane lines and keep "falling" in your path: just chop the water with the hand away from them as it enters the water. You'd be amazed how accurately you can peg them with a nice chunk of water without looking obvious! :D Anywhere besides a pool, these people's actions would not be tolerated. It would be like leaning on a stack of weights to talk to your buddy while someone is using them or tieing your shoe on an occupied stationary bike. You'd be flogged!!!! I haven't finished this thread yet, but how about the misuse of the term "Olympic Sized Pool"! I'm sorry, but your Hotel DOES NOT have an Olympic-sized pool and neither do most athletic clubs. If it ain't 50M long, IT AIN'T OLYMPIC SIZED!!
Children
No Data