What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by mjtyson OK, unsure if someone already posted this or not (not enough computer time...which relates to my peeve): Not having enough time to swim. I'm way too busy with work/school/kids to get more than ONE day per week...plus, my wife and I both swim, so we decided to each get one day per week and hope to try and fit in another each...which hasn't happened yet. So if you swim more than once a week, and you love it as much as I do, then you're lucky, at least in my eyes! OK, I know all about that one. In the fall (actually August through Thanksgiving) my wife and I are very involved with my 11 year old son's football program. Between coaching and field prep (me) and running registration, banquet, pictures, etc (her) we average 15-20 hours per week. From August through Thanksgiving I swam about 5 times...... This week I am back on the wagon and it is killing me. No stamina, poor technique..... 1000 yards the last two days is killing me when I used to do about 3000 4 or 5 times a week with less pain afterwards..... not to mention the 8 pounds I put on.....
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by mjtyson OK, unsure if someone already posted this or not (not enough computer time...which relates to my peeve): Not having enough time to swim. I'm way too busy with work/school/kids to get more than ONE day per week...plus, my wife and I both swim, so we decided to each get one day per week and hope to try and fit in another each...which hasn't happened yet. So if you swim more than once a week, and you love it as much as I do, then you're lucky, at least in my eyes! OK, I know all about that one. In the fall (actually August through Thanksgiving) my wife and I are very involved with my 11 year old son's football program. Between coaching and field prep (me) and running registration, banquet, pictures, etc (her) we average 15-20 hours per week. From August through Thanksgiving I swam about 5 times...... This week I am back on the wagon and it is killing me. No stamina, poor technique..... 1000 yards the last two days is killing me when I used to do about 3000 4 or 5 times a week with less pain afterwards..... not to mention the 8 pounds I put on.....
Children
No Data