What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by laineybug I can assure you they aren't. I know many a water aerobic queen, and will time my workout so that I use the class as a warm down. Many of the women and MEN in the class at our pool have arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, to name a few of their disabilities... they do good getting themselves there. One of my pet peeves is masters swimmers who look down on others. This comment was not made towards all aerobic swimmers. If you notice in an earlier thread the problems that I had with some who thought they owned the pool and pretty much out right told me that I did not belong there. The term "aerobic queens" was ment for those who thought they owned the pool and got upset when lap swimmers did laps. That is not looking down on others, but being a little teed off with their attitudes. I know many of women and men who I am great friends with who I have great respect for and I look foward to greeting them as I enter the pool. They don't seem to mind sharing the pool with others.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by laineybug I can assure you they aren't. I know many a water aerobic queen, and will time my workout so that I use the class as a warm down. Many of the women and MEN in the class at our pool have arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, to name a few of their disabilities... they do good getting themselves there. One of my pet peeves is masters swimmers who look down on others. This comment was not made towards all aerobic swimmers. If you notice in an earlier thread the problems that I had with some who thought they owned the pool and pretty much out right told me that I did not belong there. The term "aerobic queens" was ment for those who thought they owned the pool and got upset when lap swimmers did laps. That is not looking down on others, but being a little teed off with their attitudes. I know many of women and men who I am great friends with who I have great respect for and I look foward to greeting them as I enter the pool. They don't seem to mind sharing the pool with others.
Children
No Data