What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Okay... I too am guilty of using the term "Manatee" because I too thought it was in referance to overweight people. This is why it's best to specify what one's saying. If you meant floaters, that's fine because it refers to the discription you just posted, Guvnah. With that being said, Masters isn't about how fast you can swim or who is the ultimate best, it's about us sharing our fondness and love for swimming. I agree with Laineybug, I too can't stand a Masters Swimmer who thinks they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. It makes me sick to no end when I see a swimmer prancing about at the pool deck and saying they're the greatest. Again, I apologize for venting out a little too much and I apologize for sort of adding gasoline to the woodburning flames, swimmnjenn, are we still friends? If we have a pet peeve that's either WAY too personal or somewhat prejudice toward others, then keep it to yourself. Scuba Divers in the pool or Unintelligent Pool Staffers are okay. So let's shape up for all our sakes. Sonic
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Okay... I too am guilty of using the term "Manatee" because I too thought it was in referance to overweight people. This is why it's best to specify what one's saying. If you meant floaters, that's fine because it refers to the discription you just posted, Guvnah. With that being said, Masters isn't about how fast you can swim or who is the ultimate best, it's about us sharing our fondness and love for swimming. I agree with Laineybug, I too can't stand a Masters Swimmer who thinks they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. It makes me sick to no end when I see a swimmer prancing about at the pool deck and saying they're the greatest. Again, I apologize for venting out a little too much and I apologize for sort of adding gasoline to the woodburning flames, swimmnjenn, are we still friends? If we have a pet peeve that's either WAY too personal or somewhat prejudice toward others, then keep it to yourself. Scuba Divers in the pool or Unintelligent Pool Staffers are okay. So let's shape up for all our sakes. Sonic
Children
No Data