What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    We have one lap lane to swim in. There are not a whole lot of lap swimmers so most of the time it is not a big deal. We don't circle swim we just stay on either side of the lane. It doesn't work if a third swimmer comes in. Then that swimmer has to either wait or work around any lessons or what ever is going on on the other side of the pool. Although I am not fast I am one of the fastest lap swimmers at our pool. A lot of times some of the swimmers who know me well will move over for me. I like the side where the lane line is. I hate it when I get stuck on the wall side. A year ago, during Thanksgiving vacation I went swimming early. The lap lane was taken up by some private lessons(which should have not happened) Another lap swimmer was swimming by the lane line, so I came in and swam next to him. Some regulars who just kind of float along were there and started to get upset that we were doing laps on their side of the pool( they had 2/3 of the pool). One of the ladies started to purposly get in my way. Let's just say she got cobblered when I was doing my backstroke. I was totally peeved at this point and a shouting match started. I was pretty much told that I didn't belong there. Sorry ladies I pay to use the pool, too. Well Thanksgiving is coming soon. Might want to go for another early swim.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    We have one lap lane to swim in. There are not a whole lot of lap swimmers so most of the time it is not a big deal. We don't circle swim we just stay on either side of the lane. It doesn't work if a third swimmer comes in. Then that swimmer has to either wait or work around any lessons or what ever is going on on the other side of the pool. Although I am not fast I am one of the fastest lap swimmers at our pool. A lot of times some of the swimmers who know me well will move over for me. I like the side where the lane line is. I hate it when I get stuck on the wall side. A year ago, during Thanksgiving vacation I went swimming early. The lap lane was taken up by some private lessons(which should have not happened) Another lap swimmer was swimming by the lane line, so I came in and swam next to him. Some regulars who just kind of float along were there and started to get upset that we were doing laps on their side of the pool( they had 2/3 of the pool). One of the ladies started to purposly get in my way. Let's just say she got cobblered when I was doing my backstroke. I was totally peeved at this point and a shouting match started. I was pretty much told that I didn't belong there. Sorry ladies I pay to use the pool, too. Well Thanksgiving is coming soon. Might want to go for another early swim.
Children
No Data