What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Scansy Guvnah, are you sure you like lane 5? Touché... I too have feelings for Lane 5, but if I ever swim at Guvnah's pool, I'll just go on days he's not swimming... I don't mind sharing lanes, but Guvnah has given me the impression that he's not willing to share with a moderatly slow to medium swimmer like myself. I like Lane 5 mainly for two reasons, No. 1: I've always liked the number 5 (don't know why, maybe it's psychological) ever since I can remember... No. 2: I absolutely abhore the shallow lane and I don't particularly care for lanes closest to the pool's wall since I'm legally blind. Guvnah, I think I'll just use your lane on days you're not swimming... I respect swimmers. ...another pet peeve of mine. LACK OF RESPECT! Both from amateurs, floaters, "Manatees" and aqua aerobes... AND the Friggin media! Not enough Swim TV in the States either... a shame too. Ooohhh, here's another (quirk?) pet peeve of mine. ...When the pool staff HARDLY ever update their pool calender!!! "...Kids! How would you like to swim like a pro? ....Come learn from the best: The YMCA is now hosting the Olympic Swim Academy! Space is limited, so CALL TODAY! Session 1 April 19 - May 26 (extended 6 week class) Session 2 June 7 - July 1 Session 3 July 5 - July 29 Session 4 Aug. 2 - Aug. 26" ...Three months AFTER the final session is over and that DAMN flyer is STILL posted on that plastic bulletin!!! "Here, let me do you and the pool staff a favor!" *Angrily yanks cette laminated flyer with the advertisement above off of the bulletin* Sorry, but not updating the pool bulletin and/or calender of events is just annoying... especially if the event ended THREE MONTHS AGO!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by Scansy Guvnah, are you sure you like lane 5? Touché... I too have feelings for Lane 5, but if I ever swim at Guvnah's pool, I'll just go on days he's not swimming... I don't mind sharing lanes, but Guvnah has given me the impression that he's not willing to share with a moderatly slow to medium swimmer like myself. I like Lane 5 mainly for two reasons, No. 1: I've always liked the number 5 (don't know why, maybe it's psychological) ever since I can remember... No. 2: I absolutely abhore the shallow lane and I don't particularly care for lanes closest to the pool's wall since I'm legally blind. Guvnah, I think I'll just use your lane on days you're not swimming... I respect swimmers. ...another pet peeve of mine. LACK OF RESPECT! Both from amateurs, floaters, "Manatees" and aqua aerobes... AND the Friggin media! Not enough Swim TV in the States either... a shame too. Ooohhh, here's another (quirk?) pet peeve of mine. ...When the pool staff HARDLY ever update their pool calender!!! "...Kids! How would you like to swim like a pro? ....Come learn from the best: The YMCA is now hosting the Olympic Swim Academy! Space is limited, so CALL TODAY! Session 1 April 19 - May 26 (extended 6 week class) Session 2 June 7 - July 1 Session 3 July 5 - July 29 Session 4 Aug. 2 - Aug. 26" ...Three months AFTER the final session is over and that DAMN flyer is STILL posted on that plastic bulletin!!! "Here, let me do you and the pool staff a favor!" *Angrily yanks cette laminated flyer with the advertisement above off of the bulletin* Sorry, but not updating the pool bulletin and/or calender of events is just annoying... especially if the event ended THREE MONTHS AGO!
Children
No Data