What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I actually don't mind someone drafting (I do it too once in a while)! But it's when I know they are faster - they are just being lazy!! Come on, guys - step up to the plate! Here's another one I just thought of: Coach gives the set and no one wants to go first! So everyone discusses who's going first, etc., while the other lanes are swimming the set! I've been guilty of this too... this is when a "lane boss" comes in handy... There's one gal I swim with when I swim in the morning and she's kind of a "lane boss" - not annoying at all but if I wear paddles or fins I have really reassure her that I won't blow her out on a long set! If I'm the only one wearing pool toys, then I have to be considerate of my lane mates and their pace. Sometimes I'll even do an extra 50 or so so that we're all on the same page, or I'll alternate kick/swim.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    I actually don't mind someone drafting (I do it too once in a while)! But it's when I know they are faster - they are just being lazy!! Come on, guys - step up to the plate! Here's another one I just thought of: Coach gives the set and no one wants to go first! So everyone discusses who's going first, etc., while the other lanes are swimming the set! I've been guilty of this too... this is when a "lane boss" comes in handy... There's one gal I swim with when I swim in the morning and she's kind of a "lane boss" - not annoying at all but if I wear paddles or fins I have really reassure her that I won't blow her out on a long set! If I'm the only one wearing pool toys, then I have to be considerate of my lane mates and their pace. Sometimes I'll even do an extra 50 or so so that we're all on the same page, or I'll alternate kick/swim.
Children
No Data