What is your pet peeve about swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by swimmnjenn No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes: That's a pet peeve?? Sounds more like a blessing to me. I love that smell and I wish it were permanent. When I get to the pool and someone is in my favorite lane!! Ooooohhhhhhh yeah... Whenever someone hogs up Lane 5, I feel the SAME way. And now for some more original pet peeves: Inattentive lifeguards: "....Hey, I understand the concept of Circle Swimming, but FIVE people in my lane?? FIVE?? Sombody do something!!" The Aquatic Center by my house: This applies to the one above also. There are countless pet peeves I encounter at the Aquatic Center by my house. Sadly it's the closest too... Pet Peeve #1: Over Crowdedness... Anytime after three PM is like a Shopping Mall on Christmas Day! Too many Kids! Where's my Lane!?! I can't swim here! It's too full! "...No wonder they call them the Aqua Posse!" Pet Peeve #2: Stinky Locker Room... Is it just me, or does it smell like someone prepared a Mexican dish with a lot of cumins here? I love Mexican food, but Teenage Funk is just GROSS! Pet Peeve #3: The (Female) Swimmer next to you who thinks she owns the place and thinks she's better than you. "...Who died and made you queen of the pool?" Arrogance will not be tolerated. Pet Peeve #4: When the guys in the locker room OVERUSE the poor water extractor. VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR -- *click whirrrrrrrrrrr, sputter, sputter* (puffs of smoke come out of it) Pet Peeve #5: Ooooooh this always gets my goat! Fluctuating pool times!!! ARRGH!!!! One weekend, opening time is from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Lap Swim ends at 2:00*) then the week after it's something like 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Lap Swim ends at... WHAT?!?! ...11:00.) Justice! Justice! Justice! WHY MUST WE ENDURE SO MUCH DISRESPECT!?!?!? We're people too!!! ...and lastly (not about the Aquatic Center anymore) when you have a hankering for a midnight swim, but find out the pool isn't open at that hour. "...guess I'm a little too enthusiastic!"
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 19 years ago
    Originally posted by swimmnjenn No matter how hard you scrub or how often you shower....you always smell of chlorine! :rolleyes: That's a pet peeve?? Sounds more like a blessing to me. I love that smell and I wish it were permanent. When I get to the pool and someone is in my favorite lane!! Ooooohhhhhhh yeah... Whenever someone hogs up Lane 5, I feel the SAME way. And now for some more original pet peeves: Inattentive lifeguards: "....Hey, I understand the concept of Circle Swimming, but FIVE people in my lane?? FIVE?? Sombody do something!!" The Aquatic Center by my house: This applies to the one above also. There are countless pet peeves I encounter at the Aquatic Center by my house. Sadly it's the closest too... Pet Peeve #1: Over Crowdedness... Anytime after three PM is like a Shopping Mall on Christmas Day! Too many Kids! Where's my Lane!?! I can't swim here! It's too full! "...No wonder they call them the Aqua Posse!" Pet Peeve #2: Stinky Locker Room... Is it just me, or does it smell like someone prepared a Mexican dish with a lot of cumins here? I love Mexican food, but Teenage Funk is just GROSS! Pet Peeve #3: The (Female) Swimmer next to you who thinks she owns the place and thinks she's better than you. "...Who died and made you queen of the pool?" Arrogance will not be tolerated. Pet Peeve #4: When the guys in the locker room OVERUSE the poor water extractor. VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR -- *click whirrrrrrrrrrr, sputter, sputter* (puffs of smoke come out of it) Pet Peeve #5: Ooooooh this always gets my goat! Fluctuating pool times!!! ARRGH!!!! One weekend, opening time is from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Lap Swim ends at 2:00*) then the week after it's something like 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Lap Swim ends at... WHAT?!?! ...11:00.) Justice! Justice! Justice! WHY MUST WE ENDURE SO MUCH DISRESPECT!?!?!? We're people too!!! ...and lastly (not about the Aquatic Center anymore) when you have a hankering for a midnight swim, but find out the pool isn't open at that hour. "...guess I'm a little too enthusiastic!"
Children
No Data