Speedo or TYR?

I am curious to what your preferences are regarding Speedo or TYR products (or other). I myself am a Speedo girl, and always have been. However, I recently bought a discounted TYR reversible suit for practice and it lasted way longer than any Speedo ever has. I'm tempted to buy TYR again, but do I dare switch loyalties? I like Speedo styles better - I've never been big on brand names at all, except when it comes to swimming - there's just something about Speedo.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    Let me tell you a secret. Many products are made by the same places. The difference is marketing and placing brand names on the items. As soon as thats done the price goes to whatever the market bears for the brand. Swim caps for example there are only a few places in the world that even makes them. Speedo markets a bubble cap. its the exact same cap marketed by Watergear, Jantzen, and Aquapro.. the same for the swim suits and I have seen exact "replicias" of the Speedo Hydro Spex goggle under another brand for a few dollars less. I use Speedo swim suits when I find them on sale they work for me but dont seem to last too long. hey thats called repete business! Arena works also and so does Tyr if I can find them for a good price.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 20 years ago
    Let me tell you a secret. Many products are made by the same places. The difference is marketing and placing brand names on the items. As soon as thats done the price goes to whatever the market bears for the brand. Swim caps for example there are only a few places in the world that even makes them. Speedo markets a bubble cap. its the exact same cap marketed by Watergear, Jantzen, and Aquapro.. the same for the swim suits and I have seen exact "replicias" of the Speedo Hydro Spex goggle under another brand for a few dollars less. I use Speedo swim suits when I find them on sale they work for me but dont seem to last too long. hey thats called repete business! Arena works also and so does Tyr if I can find them for a good price.
Children
No Data