Celiac Diet

Former Member
Former Member
I have Celiac and am having a real problem finding some diet that has some taste to it and will give me some energy. The problem I have is I think I am getting board with the food and end up eating to much junk, thus feeling like I have a real shortage of energy when I swim. With the new season now upon us I don't want to start crashing at the meets. Is there any other Celiacs out there that have found some good diet and maybe some supplements that we can take. Maybe if there is enough of us out there we could put all our heads together and come up with a good and tasty diet. Thanks Glen
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Have you heard of the FODMAP diet? Ii tried it because I have had a colectomy. It was designed for Celiac sufferers. I thought it was too restrictive and there were foods that were forbidden that I could eat and foods I can't eat that were okay. Recently I read an article that said the diet help only a few Celiac sufferers and might be that those helped were the esception and not the rule.. It might be that the helps some and might be worth a try. It was developed in Australia despite its Sandinavian sounding name. The "o" has an umlot above it. Therre are three things that were very positive about the diet- no onion family, no gluten, and only lactaid but it bothers me so I went back to no mild. Oddly I canat regular ice cream but not Lactaid ice cream.. There are some things the diet also forbids that are hard to stop but many things I don't eat because they hurt with digestion. Sonnect up with a dietian who knows about the diet. Most likely yuo will have to go to a university teaching hospital.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 8 years ago
    Have you heard of the FODMAP diet? Ii tried it because I have had a colectomy. It was designed for Celiac sufferers. I thought it was too restrictive and there were foods that were forbidden that I could eat and foods I can't eat that were okay. Recently I read an article that said the diet help only a few Celiac sufferers and might be that those helped were the esception and not the rule.. It might be that the helps some and might be worth a try. It was developed in Australia despite its Sandinavian sounding name. The "o" has an umlot above it. Therre are three things that were very positive about the diet- no onion family, no gluten, and only lactaid but it bothers me so I went back to no mild. Oddly I canat regular ice cream but not Lactaid ice cream.. There are some things the diet also forbids that are hard to stop but many things I don't eat because they hurt with digestion. Sonnect up with a dietian who knows about the diet. Most likely yuo will have to go to a university teaching hospital.
Children
No Data