2020 Top Ten, All-American, All-Star etc.

Not to sound insensitive to the morbidly obese diabetics (and others) on ventilators fighting for their lives in various ICUs across the country (I put two there last night), but as we are at least 3 months into this pandemic, is there a decision or going to be a decision soon on whether there will be top tens, All-Americans, All-Stars this year? I did not mean to publicly debate the issue (fairness, blah, blah, blah) but just wondering as I have made and cancelled 5 separate flights to various obscure locations this year in search of my pathetic dreams of geriatric swim glory. I would have left this to an email but have no idea who it would be directed to. Give up until 2021:bed: or keep hope alive:)?
Parents
  • Wondering the same thing. For SCY I guess I'd vote to have a real TT and AA. In my events Doug Springer and Peder Dahlberg put up some really good times. I had hoped to shot for those times at San Antonio, but we will never know how well I would have done. I'd hate to have people like them miss out on recognition of their swims though. LCM is different. Practically everyone who swims LCM swims in meets from June to September. I'd vote that it is too watered down to count. SCM is still up in the air, meets in Nov-Dec are doubtful, but I'm still hopeful. I have had at least one TT time every year since 1979 and would like to continue the streak, but it is beyond my control.
  • Wondering the same thing. For SCY I guess I'd vote to have a real TT and AA. In my events Doug Springer and Peder Dahlberg put up some really good times. I had hoped to shot for those times at San Antonio, but we will never know how well I would have done. I'd hate to have people like them miss out on recognition of their swims though. LCM is different. Practically everyone who swims LCM swims in meets from June to September. I'd vote that it is too watered down to count. SCM is still up in the air, meets in Nov-Dec are doubtful, but I'm still hopeful. I have had at least one TT time every year since 1979 and would like to continue the streak, but it is beyond my control.
Children
No Data