NQTs for 2021-2023?

With so many meets being canceled this year, how's that going to impact NQTs for spring and summer nationals for the next few years? Will the T-10 time for each event this year, slim pickings though it might be, still be used in NQT calculations for 2021-2023? Or will 2020 be the year that never was in terms of NQT calculations?
Parents
  • I wouldn't worry about qualifying times at this point. USMS is going to become more of virtual organization. Despite their previous presence, the world just recently discovered the existence of potentially dangerous bacteria, viruses, amoeba, prions. Actual swimming is high risk behavior (right up there with unprotected intercourse with sunset boulevard prostitute). There is still value to your membership though. Feel free to take advantage of the online workouts (although not sure what the point of a structured workout might be if there are no meets that are going to be sanctioned). Please continue to take advantage of the discussion forums where we discuss swimming techniques that you will never be able to put into practice. Also, some of us amateur scientists will be debating particle size of Coronavirus water vapor particles and the likelihood of inhalation/infectivity in a cloud of chloramine vapors. We will also be discussing the applicability of animal studies in swimming-trained covid infected rodents and mucociliary inhibition. All super exciting stuff! Stay tuned... I would be curious to know if your entire attitude about COVID-19 would have been different if you had been an ER doc in NYC. We'll never know, but I'm guessing if you had seen it all first-hand, you may be thinking differently about it...
  • I wouldn't worry about qualifying times at this point. USMS is going to become more of virtual organization. Despite their previous presence, the world just recently discovered the existence of potentially dangerous bacteria, viruses, amoeba, prions. Actual swimming is high risk behavior (right up there with unprotected intercourse with sunset boulevard prostitute). There is still value to your membership though. Feel free to take advantage of the online workouts (although not sure what the point of a structured workout might be if there are no meets that are going to be sanctioned). Please continue to take advantage of the discussion forums where we discuss swimming techniques that you will never be able to put into practice. Also, some of us amateur scientists will be debating particle size of Coronavirus water vapor particles and the likelihood of inhalation/infectivity in a cloud of chloramine vapors. We will also be discussing the applicability of animal studies in swimming-trained covid infected rodents and mucociliary inhibition. All super exciting stuff! Stay tuned... I would be curious to know if your entire attitude about COVID-19 would have been different if you had been an ER doc in NYC. We'll never know, but I'm guessing if you had seen it all first-hand, you may be thinking differently about it...
Children
No Data