Buzzing noise with swim cap on

Former Member
Former Member
I asked my 11 year old to start wearing a swim cap because his hair started to change color and feels like straw. He tried it today, but said it bothered him because he would hear a loud buzzing noise every time the crowd cheered. Does this happen? And if so, is there a way to prevent it?
Parents
  • I guess the buzzing noise is probably water inside the cap resonating because of the loud noises from the crowd. If it's a latex cap, switch to a silicone cap...maybe that'll prevent it somehow (or vice versa). Also, I don't think a cap itself will do much to prevent the problem with his hair color changing. There are other things you can do...like saturating the hair with conditioner before he puts the cap on, and gets in the water. If he stays with competitive swimming...eventually he will want to wear the cap. Unless he keeps his hair short enough that it isn't really needed. Dan
  • I guess the buzzing noise is probably water inside the cap resonating because of the loud noises from the crowd. If it's a latex cap, switch to a silicone cap...maybe that'll prevent it somehow (or vice versa). Also, I don't think a cap itself will do much to prevent the problem with his hair color changing. There are other things you can do...like saturating the hair with conditioner before he puts the cap on, and gets in the water. If he stays with competitive swimming...eventually he will want to wear the cap. Unless he keeps his hair short enough that it isn't really needed. Dan
Children
No Data