New Swim Logging/Tracking at the USMS-Swim.com Site

Former Member
Former Member
Greetings All: I assume everyone got the email from membership about the new USMS-Swim.com partnership for workout tracking. The FLOG here will connect with a new account at Swim.com and provide a lot of new features especially for people who wear fitness trackers. Anyone signed up over there yet? What do you think of the changes?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Nah. I have a spreadsheet to track all workouts, not just swims. I record run/walk, bike, swim, pushups, squats, and misc., then calculate weekly and annual totals. I have logs stashed away that go back to the 1970s. I have a lot of spreadsheets to track my different stuff: one for my swim training, and swim / run time trials one for my swim / bike / run races one for my orienteering races and many more
  • So, is there anyway to use the FLOG method as before?  I agree.  I just signed up for the membership thinking it would be easy access from swim.com to USMS.  Help.  I would prefer using FLOG as I remember it.  Can someone tell me how to do it; or tell me how to set up a spreadsheet in Excel.  The Apple Watch workout for pool swim is great, except for no way to do cumulative totals.  I really only have one friend that tracks swimming like I do.  She has a Garmin and she is pleased with that, and I have an Apple, but don't want a Garmin, as the Apple has all the other features I' m interested in.  I hear the new watches will have additional features, and I suspect will add in totals eventually, but can't afford to purchase a new one.  I've only had my watch for about 2 years.

• does this page help? It has links to the FLOG and how to link to swim.com if you want to try it. Let us know if you have any further questions. 

www.usms.org/.../swimcom-integration-information

Reply Children
  • The swims being automatically entered into the USMS FLOG no longer work for me as of December 2021. All accounts are linked. As a test, I unlinked then relinked, but nothing transfers over like it did prior to mid December 2021.

Garmin to Swim.com transfers ok (most of the time), but from Swim.com to the USMS FLOG does not. So I've gone back to manually entering my swims into the FLOG.

• we will look into this and I'll send you a DM for more info. 

• I've noticed that my swims aren't automatically loading into the FLOG since the new year.  I also, double-checked to make sure that they are linked.  I really don't mind as I always had to edit them anyway since my Garmin never gets the yardage right because it doesn't count kick.