25 yards and 25 meters - where are we going with this ?

Former Member
Former Member
I've spent a little time looking over this site to find out how much I don't know about the current Masters Swimming scene. And also, what I might be able to do to become competitive. Something quite new seems to be races that are only one-length of a short-course pool. 25 Yards and 25 Meters. Where is the organization going with that ? Will they be considered for Top-Ten rankings ? How did it get started ? Old-N-Slow
Parents
  • If the U.S. abandoned the imperial system like the rest of the world did, this madness wouldn't happen. In the rest of the world, when we say 100 race it is unambiguously 100 m race, but in the U.S. we need to check the pool used is in yards or meters first!True, but then 90% of our pools couldn't be used for swim meets.
  • If the U.S. abandoned the imperial system like the rest of the world did, this madness wouldn't happen. In the rest of the world, when we say 100 race it is unambiguously 100 m race, but in the U.S. we need to check the pool used is in yards or meters first!True, but then 90% of our pools couldn't be used for swim meets.
Children
No Data