25 yards and 25 meters - where are we going with this ?

Former Member
Former Member
I've spent a little time looking over this site to find out how much I don't know about the current Masters Swimming scene. And also, what I might be able to do to become competitive. Something quite new seems to be races that are only one-length of a short-course pool. 25 Yards and 25 Meters. Where is the organization going with that ? Will they be considered for Top-Ten rankings ? How did it get started ? Old-N-Slow
Parents
  • Because you are taking it from the side with the block, which has a wall that is back the requisite amount to be legal distance with the pad and moving it to the other end that does not have that allowance. It would work if you then moved the block back the requisit amount, which would be a lot of work. I think this is incorrect, Allen. The blocks are set flush to the end walls with no provision for pad thickness. Here's the statement from USA Swimming's rulebook: The front edge of the starting platform shall be flush with the face of the end walls.
  • Because you are taking it from the side with the block, which has a wall that is back the requisite amount to be legal distance with the pad and moving it to the other end that does not have that allowance. It would work if you then moved the block back the requisit amount, which would be a lot of work. I think this is incorrect, Allen. The blocks are set flush to the end walls with no provision for pad thickness. Here's the statement from USA Swimming's rulebook: The front edge of the starting platform shall be flush with the face of the end walls.
Children
No Data