25 yards and 25 meters - where are we going with this ?

Former Member
Former Member
I've spent a little time looking over this site to find out how much I don't know about the current Masters Swimming scene. And also, what I might be able to do to become competitive. Something quite new seems to be races that are only one-length of a short-course pool. 25 Yards and 25 Meters. Where is the organization going with that ? Will they be considered for Top-Ten rankings ? How did it get started ? Old-N-Slow
Parents
  • Um, why not just move the pads from the starting end to the other end for the 25 yard/meter events? Also if the pool is set up where a bulkhead is the "opposite end" of the pool, you may now have the electrical connections or extensions to be able to have the pads "live" in the water. I know the University of Arkansas Little Rock pool (where most local meets are held around here) is not set up to do this. Now the flip-side is that pool has blocks on the bulkhead AND at the deck end of the pool, so moving pads actually wouldn't be necessary, but not all pools are lucky enough to have that set up.
  • Um, why not just move the pads from the starting end to the other end for the 25 yard/meter events? Also if the pool is set up where a bulkhead is the "opposite end" of the pool, you may now have the electrical connections or extensions to be able to have the pads "live" in the water. I know the University of Arkansas Little Rock pool (where most local meets are held around here) is not set up to do this. Now the flip-side is that pool has blocks on the bulkhead AND at the deck end of the pool, so moving pads actually wouldn't be necessary, but not all pools are lucky enough to have that set up.
Children
No Data