Have you ever swam a Masters National meet?

I know this is not the national forum spacebar, I want to thank everyone that work & timed & ran the 4 day meet. If you have never been to a National meet, you are missing something from your swimming life! I swam 6 individual events & 2 relays that taught me how to accept my age & speed both going up! The comradeship of my fellow swimmers raised my expectations of my dropping self esteem to help me. Many of the swimmers i did not know but, they cheered me on anyhow!
Parents
  • It was a great one. Keith Switzer blasted for the win, but Steve Unruh, Mike Shaffer, and Jeff Erwin were all in the mix in addition to Chris Stevenson. This was back when I was blogging regularly - forums.usms.org/entry.php. Yeah the dead heat between 5 swimmers going into the last 50 was crazy. Like I said, I don't think I could find enough superlatives to describe that race. I am just glad I was right there pool side to see it!
  • It was a great one. Keith Switzer blasted for the win, but Steve Unruh, Mike Shaffer, and Jeff Erwin were all in the mix in addition to Chris Stevenson. This was back when I was blogging regularly - forums.usms.org/entry.php. Yeah the dead heat between 5 swimmers going into the last 50 was crazy. Like I said, I don't think I could find enough superlatives to describe that race. I am just glad I was right there pool side to see it!
Children
No Data