Video analysis 100m backstroke SCM

Former Member
Former Member
Hi guys, Can you take a look and say somethings to my 100m backstroke race (SCM). I am on lane 3, under the yellow line with the german cap: www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I would add in regards to your flip turns to stabilize them better so you stay in the middle of your lane better. Try practicing your flip turns going into them faster by speeding up a few strokes before getting to the wall. As you go into the flip get your arms out and tuck your chin towards chest and try to get a tighter flip. The flip will then be faster if you haven't already been doing this. After your feet are on the wall in place on the wall target you need to push hard off the wall, and put those arms into tight streamline position and push big with your feet on the wall. * Since you may be coming off the wall too deeply, try avoiding pointing your streamline arms downward. The rest is streamline glide, roll to get on belly if needed, and do dolphin kicks as needed. You are coming off the wall slower than the other swimmer, and got yourself too close to the lane line divider by the end of your race. Other areas to look at includes refining your head position during your stroke. I think starting with working on your flip turns to do them faster and then finishing them in the middle of the lane while coming out is something to practice and drill on. Hope this helps.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I would add in regards to your flip turns to stabilize them better so you stay in the middle of your lane better. Try practicing your flip turns going into them faster by speeding up a few strokes before getting to the wall. As you go into the flip get your arms out and tuck your chin towards chest and try to get a tighter flip. The flip will then be faster if you haven't already been doing this. After your feet are on the wall in place on the wall target you need to push hard off the wall, and put those arms into tight streamline position and push big with your feet on the wall. * Since you may be coming off the wall too deeply, try avoiding pointing your streamline arms downward. The rest is streamline glide, roll to get on belly if needed, and do dolphin kicks as needed. You are coming off the wall slower than the other swimmer, and got yourself too close to the lane line divider by the end of your race. Other areas to look at includes refining your head position during your stroke. I think starting with working on your flip turns to do them faster and then finishing them in the middle of the lane while coming out is something to practice and drill on. Hope this helps.
Children
No Data