Polar Vortex Workout Casualties?

My local Community Center is closing tomorrow for the first time in its history due to projected ACTUAL temperatures of -25F and wind chills near -50F. While I appreciate their concern for there staff and clients, it falls smack dab in the middle of my weekly workout retinue. Was just wondering how many others were dealt a blow by this 2019 Polar Vortex? Sleeping in? :bed:
Parents
  • I know someone is going to mail something nasty and ticking to me for this comment, but, my local pools (all outdoors) were closed for about 12 days in the month of January because the guards are to wimpy to open the pools if the air temp is under 55 degrees. Water temps were still around 84. What can I say, I survived Florida Winter and we are now in the 80s again. Move to Tallahassee. Our outdoor pools are open if the temp is >32, and if below, they direct you to a pool under the bubble. This happens maybe 5 or 6 times a year. Air temp of 55? That’s ridiculous!
  • I know someone is going to mail something nasty and ticking to me for this comment, but, my local pools (all outdoors) were closed for about 12 days in the month of January because the guards are to wimpy to open the pools if the air temp is under 55 degrees. Water temps were still around 84. What can I say, I survived Florida Winter and we are now in the 80s again. Move to Tallahassee. Our outdoor pools are open if the temp is >32, and if below, they direct you to a pool under the bubble. This happens maybe 5 or 6 times a year. Air temp of 55? That’s ridiculous!
Children
No Data