Polar Vortex Workout Casualties?

My local Community Center is closing tomorrow for the first time in its history due to projected ACTUAL temperatures of -25F and wind chills near -50F. While I appreciate their concern for there staff and clients, it falls smack dab in the middle of my weekly workout retinue. Was just wondering how many others were dealt a blow by this 2019 Polar Vortex? Sleeping in? :bed:
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I feel for the FL guards - it can get a bit chilly sitting on top of a very tall chair in 50F, especially if it's not what you're used to. By comparison, up here, the accepted wisdom is that you can swim in the ocean as long as it's above 55F. (Ie the risk of quick and efficient hypothermia is significantly reduced by then). Different strokes?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    I feel for the FL guards - it can get a bit chilly sitting on top of a very tall chair in 50F, especially if it's not what you're used to. By comparison, up here, the accepted wisdom is that you can swim in the ocean as long as it's above 55F. (Ie the risk of quick and efficient hypothermia is significantly reduced by then). Different strokes?
Children
No Data