Does anyone else burp a lot during swimming?

Former Member
Former Member
I keep thinking about asking this, but always forget. Since getting back in the pool when I can due to my work, surgeries, and just life...a couple years ago I noticed I burp a lot during my minute of rest and sometimes during a lap. Does this happen to anyone else? btw - I was finally able to get back up to 1800 yards during my lap swim a couple weeks ago 😄🏊*♀️
Parents
  • First, I have to say I have no idea what to do about it, but read this: www.livestrong.com/.../ Consult an experienced swim coach or doctor. The basic problem is that your esophagus (gullet) is opening to the air flow as you breath in. This doesn't happen to most of us. Some of the air you suck in is bypassing the channel to the lungs and heading down to the stomach. After many breaths it needs to come back up.
  • First, I have to say I have no idea what to do about it, but read this: www.livestrong.com/.../ Consult an experienced swim coach or doctor. The basic problem is that your esophagus (gullet) is opening to the air flow as you breath in. This doesn't happen to most of us. Some of the air you suck in is bypassing the channel to the lungs and heading down to the stomach. After many breaths it needs to come back up.
Children
No Data