Swim Watch Recommendations

Looking for recommendations for a replacement of my old Garmin Swim watch which fell apart. Garmin no longer makes this model and they are suggesting the Forerunner 735 which is much more expensive than the watch i had. Thanks.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    Looking for recommendations for a replacement of my old Garmin Swim watch which fell apart. Garmin no longer makes this model and they are suggesting the Forerunner 735 which is much more expensive than the watch i had. Thanks. COUNTU is an durable and easy to use sports timer and lap counter, 50 m water resistance. So it can work for swimming lap counter. And COUNTU has unique function, vibrate alarm function. If you preset a time goal or lap counting goal, it can vibrate to alarm you when you achieve the goal. I recommend it.
  • What value does a swim watch offer over a pace clock? I have tried so many over the years, but the combination of throwing my stroke off (e.g., by only having it on one hand) with very limited information feedback during the practice makes me wonder why people use them?
  • After checking out the Countu, it does not appear to identify which stroke you are swimming which the Garmin could. Thanks for your response.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 5 years ago
    What value does a swim watch offer over a pace clock? I have tried so many over the years, but the combination of throwing my stroke off (e.g., by only having it on one hand) with very limited information feedback during the practice makes me wonder why people use them? I think it’s just easier to see the time on a watch. Also the pace clock at our pool isn’t very reliable; sometimes it runs slow or fast, or isn’t working at all haha.
  • I prefer the watch too. Plus seeing times and splits after a workout is helpful. Thanks.