my progress in age group 35-39. What do you think?

Former Member
Former Member
Here are all my best times (LCM) through the years of my age group 35-39. 11697 I am swimming usually 12-15km a week. In the peak, I am swimming to 20km but I am struggling to keep this longer than 3 weeks straight. What do you think about my progress so far guys, any suggestions? Should I start swimming more meters to keep it up in the next age group?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Hi Allen. Thank you for your thoughts so far..The most thing I enjoy if I am going to workout is freedom. For me is sport and swimming the best thing I can do to relax from work and keep my life in a balanced way. I usually start to burn out after 4km in a day workout..I guess its a mental thing and don't know why I can't handle it. The first time I got near to 4.5km to almost 5km a day was this summer, where I trained very hard for the Euros (my last big meet this year). I swam there 200m back and 200m medley and I am little disappointed with my times there. I made about 93km in 4 weeks and could physically stand almost 25km a week. That was very good for me. I felt, I had more endurance and was overall in a better shape with more meters/week. But in the meet I couldn't show it..Don't know exactly why. In 200m medley race at the Euros for example my split was: 29.0/36.3/43.9/34.4. My first half was way better than my second half..And that is in all my 200m medley races so far. I try to get better in *** but struggling and can't go under 0:43 split. Also my backstroke and freestyle split is a little bit slow I guess. As a backstroke, who I am, I should split under 0:35. I am looking to improve there but can't at the moment. Don't know what to do. I am going to look one time/year, how I swim in a video. The last time was in a competition, my technique got a little bit worse.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    Hi Allen. Thank you for your thoughts so far..The most thing I enjoy if I am going to workout is freedom. For me is sport and swimming the best thing I can do to relax from work and keep my life in a balanced way. I usually start to burn out after 4km in a day workout..I guess its a mental thing and don't know why I can't handle it. The first time I got near to 4.5km to almost 5km a day was this summer, where I trained very hard for the Euros (my last big meet this year). I swam there 200m back and 200m medley and I am little disappointed with my times there. I made about 93km in 4 weeks and could physically stand almost 25km a week. That was very good for me. I felt, I had more endurance and was overall in a better shape with more meters/week. But in the meet I couldn't show it..Don't know exactly why. In 200m medley race at the Euros for example my split was: 29.0/36.3/43.9/34.4. My first half was way better than my second half..And that is in all my 200m medley races so far. I try to get better in *** but struggling and can't go under 0:43 split. Also my backstroke and freestyle split is a little bit slow I guess. As a backstroke, who I am, I should split under 0:35. I am looking to improve there but can't at the moment. Don't know what to do. I am going to look one time/year, how I swim in a video. The last time was in a competition, my technique got a little bit worse.
Children
No Data