my progress in age group 35-39. What do you think?

Former Member
Former Member
Here are all my best times (LCM) through the years of my age group 35-39. 11697 I am swimming usually 12-15km a week. In the peak, I am swimming to 20km but I am struggling to keep this longer than 3 weeks straight. What do you think about my progress so far guys, any suggestions? Should I start swimming more meters to keep it up in the next age group?
Parents
  • Progress seems reasonable to me, assuming those best times are from when you were in teens or 20s. How many days a week are you swimming to get to that 12-15km or 20km stretch? Are you doing anything else for supplementary strength or anything? Considering you skew toward the shorter end of the events spectrum (I wouldn't say "sprinter" quite but you're not a long-distance guy), I would say that more distance isn't the answer for improvement. I would suggest optimizing your workouts to cut out extraneous "garbage yardage" and focus on more race pace-type work. And I would evaluate your strength and flexibility and make sure these are maintaining - after mid-20s or so, those are the things that tend to be easier to let slide.
  • Progress seems reasonable to me, assuming those best times are from when you were in teens or 20s. How many days a week are you swimming to get to that 12-15km or 20km stretch? Are you doing anything else for supplementary strength or anything? Considering you skew toward the shorter end of the events spectrum (I wouldn't say "sprinter" quite but you're not a long-distance guy), I would say that more distance isn't the answer for improvement. I would suggest optimizing your workouts to cut out extraneous "garbage yardage" and focus on more race pace-type work. And I would evaluate your strength and flexibility and make sure these are maintaining - after mid-20s or so, those are the things that tend to be easier to let slide.
Children
No Data