swimmers and an outbreak of shingles

Last Thursday I found out I have shingles. I'm wondering if other swimmers have experienced this and how long did your outbreak last, and how long did you have to stay out of the water?
Parents
  • Right after my very first swim meet in 2016 I was sore and I thought it due to exertion from the swim meet. The next day it began to itch and the pain got worse. The following day I went to urgent care and I was diagnosed with shingles. I got a shot of anti-virals and a prescription and that kept the rash to a minimum, but it left scars on my legs. I went swimming 11 days later and after the scabs formed and were healing.
  • Right after my very first swim meet in 2016 I was sore and I thought it due to exertion from the swim meet. The next day it began to itch and the pain got worse. The following day I went to urgent care and I was diagnosed with shingles. I got a shot of anti-virals and a prescription and that kept the rash to a minimum, but it left scars on my legs. I went swimming 11 days later and after the scabs formed and were healing.
Children
No Data