swimmers and an outbreak of shingles

Last Thursday I found out I have shingles. I'm wondering if other swimmers have experienced this and how long did your outbreak last, and how long did you have to stay out of the water?
Parents
  • I had it last year, looked like a sash going diagonally across my torso (front and back). Once I figured out what it was (the pain started before the bumps), I went to Urgent Care and they prescribed some things that helped. I was back in the water after about 2 weeks, and it was completely gone within 4 weeks. On my first day back, I told the lifeguards that I had shingles, it is visible, but not contageous. Just didn't want anyone to freak out.
  • I had it last year, looked like a sash going diagonally across my torso (front and back). Once I figured out what it was (the pain started before the bumps), I went to Urgent Care and they prescribed some things that helped. I was back in the water after about 2 weeks, and it was completely gone within 4 weeks. On my first day back, I told the lifeguards that I had shingles, it is visible, but not contageous. Just didn't want anyone to freak out.
Children
No Data