Predicting longer distance times from shorter.

I swam in a non-santioned meet Sunday (short course meters). I did a 25 *** in 17.63, and in the 50 a 39.71. Given my 25 time, should my 50 time be better? The 25 has almost no aerobic demand. I always heard multiply by 2.2, which would equate to 38.786. Both races had decent starts and I thought I did a pretty good turn on the 50. I guess the real question I am asking is if this likely has to do with not being conditioned enough to swim a faster 50. Clarification: These were separate races...the 25 time was NOT a split for the 50.
Parents
  • It is very much up to the individual. Strokes are different, too. I recently looked at teh qualification standards for our LSC. Senior boys' 200's are 2.17 times the 100 time for free, back, and ***, and 2.25 times the 100 for fly. But you have folks who are distance swimmers and folks who are sprinters, so it is really difficult for any one individual to extrapolate about themself. You are also forgetting that you get a HUGE advantage off of the block.
  • It is very much up to the individual. Strokes are different, too. I recently looked at teh qualification standards for our LSC. Senior boys' 200's are 2.17 times the 100 time for free, back, and ***, and 2.25 times the 100 for fly. But you have folks who are distance swimmers and folks who are sprinters, so it is really difficult for any one individual to extrapolate about themself. You are also forgetting that you get a HUGE advantage off of the block.
Children
No Data