When to think about joining Masters Swimming

Former Member
Former Member
Hi! I'm new to swimming as far as proper stroke technique goes. Learned how to swim as a kid, though. I'm currently taking the Stroke Introduction (Stage 4) class at the local YMCA. Figured it would be good to start with the basics and build up with a solid foundation from there. There are still two other class levels after Stage 4. Should I wait until I've maxed out of all YMCA offered levels before looking at joining the local Masters program?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I'm not going to quit. It just sucks I'm going to be hanging solo for the foreseeable future. A DNA test showed the bulk of my muscles are fast twitch, former and current gymnast, so don't think I'm gonna get to 10x100 anytime soon. But I'll keep plugging along. I'm envious of all of you who are good at endurance sports. Running and swimming long distances comes so naturally to so many of my friends and families, but not to me at all. I challenged my 5'10" husband to a sprint once.... I'm 5'1". I had him solidly beat initially but he eventually caught up to me and then dusted me.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I'm not going to quit. It just sucks I'm going to be hanging solo for the foreseeable future. A DNA test showed the bulk of my muscles are fast twitch, former and current gymnast, so don't think I'm gonna get to 10x100 anytime soon. But I'll keep plugging along. I'm envious of all of you who are good at endurance sports. Running and swimming long distances comes so naturally to so many of my friends and families, but not to me at all. I challenged my 5'10" husband to a sprint once.... I'm 5'1". I had him solidly beat initially but he eventually caught up to me and then dusted me.
Children
No Data