I don’t know how to flip turn for backstroke! Help!

Former Member
Former Member
I just started training for a senior olympics backstroke event and I’m chicken to flip turn! I’ve watched the YouTube videos I’ve tried a couple of times but not good at it! What are the secrets and how do I turn if I don’t flip turn?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I just started training for a senior olympics backstroke event and I’m chicken to flip turn! I’ve watched the YouTube videos I’ve tried a couple of times but not good at it! What are the secrets and how do I turn if I don’t flip turn? I did an open turn at the senior Olympics during the 200 IM in my area. Now, in practice I do both open and flipped for backstroke. I reason why I did open in a race is your allowed only one freestyle turn to the backstroke flipped in competition . I sometimes do the flipped ok and other times float in or do too many freestyle strokes which gets you disqualify. Do an open turn if you feel your backstroke flipped is not up to power.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I just started training for a senior olympics backstroke event and I’m chicken to flip turn! I’ve watched the YouTube videos I’ve tried a couple of times but not good at it! What are the secrets and how do I turn if I don’t flip turn? I did an open turn at the senior Olympics during the 200 IM in my area. Now, in practice I do both open and flipped for backstroke. I reason why I did open in a race is your allowed only one freestyle turn to the backstroke flipped in competition . I sometimes do the flipped ok and other times float in or do too many freestyle strokes which gets you disqualify. Do an open turn if you feel your backstroke flipped is not up to power.
Children
No Data