I don’t know how to flip turn for backstroke! Help!

Former Member
Former Member
I just started training for a senior olympics backstroke event and I’m chicken to flip turn! I’ve watched the YouTube videos I’ve tried a couple of times but not good at it! What are the secrets and how do I turn if I don’t flip turn?
Parents
  • There are lots of instructional videos on flip turns. These should get you started. Once you've practiced them for a while, then let us know if you have any issues. As for the rules on a backstroke turn, you can turn in any manner; as long as some part of your body touches the wall (1 or 2 hands, feet, etc.). When you start your turn, if you roll over everything must be part of the continuous turning action. And you must be on your back upon leaving the wall.
  • There are lots of instructional videos on flip turns. These should get you started. Once you've practiced them for a while, then let us know if you have any issues. As for the rules on a backstroke turn, you can turn in any manner; as long as some part of your body touches the wall (1 or 2 hands, feet, etc.). When you start your turn, if you roll over everything must be part of the continuous turning action. And you must be on your back upon leaving the wall.
Children
No Data