USMS Stroke Development Clinics

Have any forumites been to one of these? There is one in Chicago in August which is relatively close for me (and my wife's family lives in that area). I was just wondering what the level of instruction is - I'm relatively high-level (only 7 years removed from college swimming, top-10 at Nats in a few events this past May), so if it's geared toward more beginning competitive level that would seem to be not the best use of my time and taking a sign up spot from someone that may get more out of it. But if it can also be higher level then I definitely have some stroke tweaks and hitches I can't quite figure out that I could use some help on!
Parents
  • Have any forumites been to one of these? My club hosted one last summer and I was fortunate to assist Bill Brenner on deck, while he ran the clinic. Unless something has drastically changed in the curriculum, there is a drill progression for each stroke and you're critiqued within the confines of those drills. This is useful to the clinic participants, but it is a standardized approach. Your "tweaks and hitches" could be resolved based on the drills covered, but it's not exactly the one-on-one analysis that it sounds like you want for some of your strokes going full speed. The USMS High Performance Camp is probably more up your alley.
  • Have any forumites been to one of these? My club hosted one last summer and I was fortunate to assist Bill Brenner on deck, while he ran the clinic. Unless something has drastically changed in the curriculum, there is a drill progression for each stroke and you're critiqued within the confines of those drills. This is useful to the clinic participants, but it is a standardized approach. Your "tweaks and hitches" could be resolved based on the drills covered, but it's not exactly the one-on-one analysis that it sounds like you want for some of your strokes going full speed. The USMS High Performance Camp is probably more up your alley.
Children
No Data