USMS Stroke Development Clinics

Have any forumites been to one of these? There is one in Chicago in August which is relatively close for me (and my wife's family lives in that area). I was just wondering what the level of instruction is - I'm relatively high-level (only 7 years removed from college swimming, top-10 at Nats in a few events this past May), so if it's geared toward more beginning competitive level that would seem to be not the best use of my time and taking a sign up spot from someone that may get more out of it. But if it can also be higher level then I definitely have some stroke tweaks and hitches I can't quite figure out that I could use some help on!
Parents
  • JP, I went to one in Dallas a few years ago and there were coaches of all skill sets there, including a former Olympian who lives/coaches locally. I think that any time you can get another set of eyes on you, you're going to get some tweaks, especially if you let them know something specific that you're concerned about. It can't hurt, right? Another road I've taken is through Gary Hall/The Race Club and got some good gains through there. I went to a 2 day clinic with him, but he also does video coaching or onsite. If you can get a trip to San Diego or FL, it's worth the money to get some one-one time with his team of coaches.
  • JP, I went to one in Dallas a few years ago and there were coaches of all skill sets there, including a former Olympian who lives/coaches locally. I think that any time you can get another set of eyes on you, you're going to get some tweaks, especially if you let them know something specific that you're concerned about. It can't hurt, right? Another road I've taken is through Gary Hall/The Race Club and got some good gains through there. I went to a 2 day clinic with him, but he also does video coaching or onsite. If you can get a trip to San Diego or FL, it's worth the money to get some one-one time with his team of coaches.
Children
No Data