Massive rotator cuff tear

Unfortunately my MRI results show a MASSIVE ROTATOR CUFF TEAR which includes supraspinatus and infraspinatus which is not repairable. Anyone else out there still swimming without a rotator cuff in one shoulder? Or should I go for a reconstruction using part of my pec or lat or thigh tendon. I am 65 and devastated.
Parents
  • OK update to my massive rotator cuff tear of the infraspinatus and supraspinatus that are completely torn off the bone and completely retracted I guess 3 and 4 cm. I’ve seen six surgeons all of who were referred to me and three say don’t do anything until the pain and mobility is so bad that I need surgery or reverse shoulder replacement and three say I need surgery and if they can repair the infraspinatus a little bit they can add a cadaver graft to the top to pose as a supraspinatus to keep the humerus bone down as it is hitting the joint popping all the time. The humerus bone is already elevated so there is not much space between the bone and the acromion. Part of the surgery would be to clean it up and move the biceps tendon to the humerus. The rotator cuff is what protects the biceps tendon and probably the aching I always felt in the front of my arm was rotator cuff and not just bicep tendon. The reason for these tears is probably impingement syndrome caused by poor on land body position, forward head position and bad stroke mechanics. Three surgeons say to keep swimming as long as I can although I have very little External rotation due to the lost infraspintas. I am now looking into ways to correct the humerus bone being so elevated and correcting my stroke to alleviate the humerus bone from hitting the joint. I did one physical therapy session after the incident that tore the last part of my infraspinatus (which was scapular retractions) and therapist said that I will not be able to gain strength in the middle of my back until I can get the middle of my back released as it is locked up tight. Probably due to bad body posture. My pec muscles and all front muscles are also very tight.
  • OK update to my massive rotator cuff tear of the infraspinatus and supraspinatus that are completely torn off the bone and completely retracted I guess 3 and 4 cm. I’ve seen six surgeons all of who were referred to me and three say don’t do anything until the pain and mobility is so bad that I need surgery or reverse shoulder replacement and three say I need surgery and if they can repair the infraspinatus a little bit they can add a cadaver graft to the top to pose as a supraspinatus to keep the humerus bone down as it is hitting the joint popping all the time. The humerus bone is already elevated so there is not much space between the bone and the acromion. Part of the surgery would be to clean it up and move the biceps tendon to the humerus. The rotator cuff is what protects the biceps tendon and probably the aching I always felt in the front of my arm was rotator cuff and not just bicep tendon. The reason for these tears is probably impingement syndrome caused by poor on land body position, forward head position and bad stroke mechanics. Three surgeons say to keep swimming as long as I can although I have very little External rotation due to the lost infraspintas. I am now looking into ways to correct the humerus bone being so elevated and correcting my stroke to alleviate the humerus bone from hitting the joint. I did one physical therapy session after the incident that tore the last part of my infraspinatus (which was scapular retractions) and therapist said that I will not be able to gain strength in the middle of my back until I can get the middle of my back released as it is locked up tight. Probably due to bad body posture. My pec muscles and all front muscles are also very tight.
Children
No Data