Massive rotator cuff tear

Unfortunately my MRI results show a MASSIVE ROTATOR CUFF TEAR which includes supraspinatus and infraspinatus which is not repairable. Anyone else out there still swimming without a rotator cuff in one shoulder? Or should I go for a reconstruction using part of my pec or lat or thigh tendon. I am 65 and devastated.
Parents
  • Yes, I understand that grafts can be used to connect shoulder bone to arm bone in place of a supraspinatus in order to keep the arm bone down so it doesn't keep impinging. Grafts can also be used for infraspinatus. Now looking for surgeons. First surgeon who said shoulder replacement (after realizing swimmers cannot do replacements) says "after looking at MRI again" He can repair infraspinatus and graft supraspinatus. Going back to this surgeon for more details. Thanks for asking. In the meanwhile, not doing much swimming as don't want to make things worse, and working on strengthening rear delts. Read that rear delt strength can sometimes help keep arm bone down.
  • Yes, I understand that grafts can be used to connect shoulder bone to arm bone in place of a supraspinatus in order to keep the arm bone down so it doesn't keep impinging. Grafts can also be used for infraspinatus. Now looking for surgeons. First surgeon who said shoulder replacement (after realizing swimmers cannot do replacements) says "after looking at MRI again" He can repair infraspinatus and graft supraspinatus. Going back to this surgeon for more details. Thanks for asking. In the meanwhile, not doing much swimming as don't want to make things worse, and working on strengthening rear delts. Read that rear delt strength can sometimes help keep arm bone down.
Children
No Data