Show Us Your Pulse Rates!

Former Member
Former Member
Just came back from a doctor's visit. My pulse was 59. An interesting thing is that I have only been swimming with the team for about 7 weeks and do about 3600 yds. I'm just over 50, by the way. So, how does this compare?
Parents
  • I've had a mechanical aortic valve for 18 years. I had no restrictions on my activities and after 10-12 years of triathlon training my resting heart rate had dropped to 47 bpm. Over that time period my heart had remapped itself as an enlarged athlete's heart. About two years ago as a side effect of having the mechanical valve, I started to develop atrioventricular block that in turn led to bradycardia (low heart rate) where my heart was stuck at 38 bpm. I got a pacemaker implanted a year ago that now keeps me at a minimum of 55 bpm. The pacemaker has a motion sensor and pulse generator with software that is adjustable and I've had it fine-tuned a couple of times to respond a little better to my swimming. It's been challenging figuring out how long or hard my warm-ups need to be in order to get and keep my HR in the desired range, particularly at swim meets.
  • I've had a mechanical aortic valve for 18 years. I had no restrictions on my activities and after 10-12 years of triathlon training my resting heart rate had dropped to 47 bpm. Over that time period my heart had remapped itself as an enlarged athlete's heart. About two years ago as a side effect of having the mechanical valve, I started to develop atrioventricular block that in turn led to bradycardia (low heart rate) where my heart was stuck at 38 bpm. I got a pacemaker implanted a year ago that now keeps me at a minimum of 55 bpm. The pacemaker has a motion sensor and pulse generator with software that is adjustable and I've had it fine-tuned a couple of times to respond a little better to my swimming. It's been challenging figuring out how long or hard my warm-ups need to be in order to get and keep my HR in the desired range, particularly at swim meets.
Children
No Data