Show Us Your Pulse Rates!

Former Member
Former Member
Just came back from a doctor's visit. My pulse was 59. An interesting thing is that I have only been swimming with the team for about 7 weeks and do about 3600 yds. I'm just over 50, by the way. So, how does this compare?
Parents
  • Just came back from a doctor's visit. My pulse was 59. An interesting thing is that I have only been swimming with the team for about 7 weeks and do about 3600 yds. I'm just over 50, by the way. So, how does this compare? I started swimming in March of last year. When I started, my resting heart rate was in the mid 70's. I have pretty low blood pressure which supposedly correlates with higher RHR. At any rate, after swimming a similar amount of time to you, and a similar distance (do you mean daily, I assume?), it had dropped about 10 points. Then I started following authored workouts, which were shorter in distance, but a whole lot more intense. By mid Summer, I was in the low to mid 50's. Now I'm in the upper 40's. That said, that is on a "skip" day. It is in the mid to upper 50's on days I swim, which I do in the morning. I'm 44.
  • Just came back from a doctor's visit. My pulse was 59. An interesting thing is that I have only been swimming with the team for about 7 weeks and do about 3600 yds. I'm just over 50, by the way. So, how does this compare? I started swimming in March of last year. When I started, my resting heart rate was in the mid 70's. I have pretty low blood pressure which supposedly correlates with higher RHR. At any rate, after swimming a similar amount of time to you, and a similar distance (do you mean daily, I assume?), it had dropped about 10 points. Then I started following authored workouts, which were shorter in distance, but a whole lot more intense. By mid Summer, I was in the low to mid 50's. Now I'm in the upper 40's. That said, that is on a "skip" day. It is in the mid to upper 50's on days I swim, which I do in the morning. I'm 44.
Children
No Data