Show Us Your Pulse Rates!

Former Member
Former Member
Just came back from a doctor's visit. My pulse was 59. An interesting thing is that I have only been swimming with the team for about 7 weeks and do about 3600 yds. I'm just over 50, by the way. So, how does this compare?
Parents
  • My wife is ridiculous. She broke her wrist a few years ago falling off a pullup bar. She was in the ER for triage and they took her vitals, she's sitting there freaking out about her wrist that was now at an odd angle and her heart rate was still hovering around 60. I'm pretty sure my heart rate was higher at that point and I was perfectly healthy at the time! As mentioned in my previous post...my resting HR hovers in the mid-40s to mid 50s. When asleep (or unconscious) it's even lower. Several years ago...when having lower back surgery...instead of being allowed to naturally come back to consciousness from the general anesthesia...I was abruptly awoken by the post-op recovery room nurses because my pulse was so low (low/mid-30s). They were standing by with the crash cart and 'paddles' and saying "stay with us..." Until I could mumble to them that my low HR was normal, and that otherwise I felt fine. Since then...any time I'm under general anesthesia I make sure to let the surgical team know that my HR will be lower than what they usually see. Still...they're always shaking me and asking if I feel OK. Dan
  • My wife is ridiculous. She broke her wrist a few years ago falling off a pullup bar. She was in the ER for triage and they took her vitals, she's sitting there freaking out about her wrist that was now at an odd angle and her heart rate was still hovering around 60. I'm pretty sure my heart rate was higher at that point and I was perfectly healthy at the time! As mentioned in my previous post...my resting HR hovers in the mid-40s to mid 50s. When asleep (or unconscious) it's even lower. Several years ago...when having lower back surgery...instead of being allowed to naturally come back to consciousness from the general anesthesia...I was abruptly awoken by the post-op recovery room nurses because my pulse was so low (low/mid-30s). They were standing by with the crash cart and 'paddles' and saying "stay with us..." Until I could mumble to them that my low HR was normal, and that otherwise I felt fine. Since then...any time I'm under general anesthesia I make sure to let the surgical team know that my HR will be lower than what they usually see. Still...they're always shaking me and asking if I feel OK. Dan
Children
No Data