Show Us Your Pulse Rates!

Former Member
Former Member
Just came back from a doctor's visit. My pulse was 59. An interesting thing is that I have only been swimming with the team for about 7 weeks and do about 3600 yds. I'm just over 50, by the way. So, how does this compare?
Parents
  • I run in the low 50s resting/sitting pretty regularly and swim 3-4x/week. I definitely know when I'm at the point of needing rest when my resting HR gets up in the upper 60s to 70s. I was doing Orangetheory (fun circuit training) workouts a year+ ago and got so frustrated that I couldn't get into the orange and red zones easily in class and that the calorie count didn't appear to be what it should be, usually much lower. It was then that I realized that the low HR and relatively quick recovery periods were contributing to that. After that discovery, I continued to work out relative to my own RPE.
  • I run in the low 50s resting/sitting pretty regularly and swim 3-4x/week. I definitely know when I'm at the point of needing rest when my resting HR gets up in the upper 60s to 70s. I was doing Orangetheory (fun circuit training) workouts a year+ ago and got so frustrated that I couldn't get into the orange and red zones easily in class and that the calorie count didn't appear to be what it should be, usually much lower. It was then that I realized that the low HR and relatively quick recovery periods were contributing to that. After that discovery, I continued to work out relative to my own RPE.
Children
No Data