The Website

There is a NSR thread about the website, but I wanted to start one here as this gets more looks. I can finally access from my phone, but too much still seems not user-friendly. True, I'm 69 , but it should be simple enough for me to navigate. I just looked at the event rankings and if you want to find someone below about top 3 you just have to keep scrolling and scrolling. Plenty of people have complained about the calendar. I believe USMS wants to be responsive, so please make your observations and concerns known.
  • Turn your phone sideways for the wider view and the rankings are somewhat normal to read.
  • Turn your phone sideways for the wider view and the rankings are somewhat normal to read. Thanks, that is better, but still clunky.
  • You guys have to understand that programming takes time and it's not cheap. You have to prioritize the requests/fixes by those that are critical to keeping the site up and are "nice to have/annoyances". You have to duplicate the bug, work to fix it without jacking up other stuff, test it, then launch it. There were a lot of tweaks/changes/requests that came out of this first release and it takes time to compile them. Typically, they'll bundle several code changes together and put them out into another release. Be patient. We don't know what they're going through. with time and money.
  • I used to regularly view the list of upcoming events in the area, but since the changes, I have no gone in once. I am in upstate NY, and I keep getting Boston events. I put in my zip code, and that does nothing. So....pretty sure I'm missing some events because I'm too lazy to keep scrolling down to find an event near me. It's not even sorted by date...don't really understand the algorithm there.
  • Ditto. The old way was so much better. Maybe it would have been better to allow some parts not to be upgraded until the exact same methods we had in the old were available in the new? Maybe getting volunteer testers would have been an idea before rolling out? Volunteers as in people who do use and don't use the site a lot, to get a mix of ideas/feedback? I used to regularly view the list of upcoming events in the area, but since the changes, I have no gone in once. I am in upstate NY, and I keep getting Boston events. I put in my zip code, and that does nothing. So....pretty sure I'm missing some events because I'm too lazy to keep scrolling down to find an event near me. It's not even sorted by date...don't really understand the algorithm there.
  • To the best of my knowledge, USMS is current with all payments for the website redesign and USMS did not take out any loans to pay for the project. So I'm not sure what you mean by "it will take years to pay off what they have spent". Can you explain this? Rob, I got your private message reply, but some reason my reply to you won't go through. Thanks for setting me straight on the depreciation. Take care, Michael
  • The results section for my swims looks normal on my laptop. Maybe I need a new phone
  • To the best of my knowledge, USMS is current with all payments for the website redesign and USMS did not take out any loans to pay for the project. So I'm not sure what you mean by "it will take years to pay off what they have spent". Can you explain this?Rob, again I tried to replied to your PM but I keep getting error messages. Thanks for the reply you sent me. Now I understand where my numbers came and why they are what they are.
  • When viewing event results, not only do you have to scroll at a one swim per page rate but the characters overlap. Was the usms.org change for security purposes? The way it was prior to the change was perfect. You get a single table with all of your swims in view so you get a snapshot of your performance. Now, you can only view one swim or 2 at a time (below) Same with me. Also, the event rankings are messed up also.
  • Rob, again I tried to replied to your PM but I keep getting error messages. Thanks for the reply you sent me. Now I understand where my numbers came and why they are what they are.Your PM replies are coming through. Thanks!