How can I do significant progress in crawl

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I have question how to improve speed in swimming - in my case it is crawl ? I have been swimming for 4 years. Since 2 years in local Masters Team and for me it's strange that in age category around 60-70 they can swim 100m in ~1:15sec but I swim only in 1:25-1:30. Don't mention about top swimmers, for me it is too much different. I feel quite fit and strong - 44 of age. Where is the most problem ? I guess - technique, but recently I feel much better catch and pull, but it is still too slow swimming. Even for 25m it is max 17:80sec from water start. What is the best training plan for crawl ? More swimming or swimming and the gym ? More mobility ( little problem for me ) ... ? Have I chance to achieve time close to 1 minute ever at this ege ? :) How ? Thanks in advance ! grzybek
Parents
  • Thanks all of you very much ! I was some days on the trip and must now analyse your responses :) How to improve now all of it ? :) I've been watching lots of videos but it is difficult to implement in the water :) Don't try to implement everything you read at the same time. Only focus on one change for, say a week or so at a time. If you try to do too much, you'll find you are letting one thing slip while focusing on another. Make one change, get the muscle memory kicked in, then go to the next.
  • Thanks all of you very much ! I was some days on the trip and must now analyse your responses :) How to improve now all of it ? :) I've been watching lots of videos but it is difficult to implement in the water :) Don't try to implement everything you read at the same time. Only focus on one change for, say a week or so at a time. If you try to do too much, you'll find you are letting one thing slip while focusing on another. Make one change, get the muscle memory kicked in, then go to the next.
Children
No Data