How can I do significant progress in crawl

Former Member
Former Member
Hi, I have question how to improve speed in swimming - in my case it is crawl ? I have been swimming for 4 years. Since 2 years in local Masters Team and for me it's strange that in age category around 60-70 they can swim 100m in ~1:15sec but I swim only in 1:25-1:30. Don't mention about top swimmers, for me it is too much different. I feel quite fit and strong - 44 of age. Where is the most problem ? I guess - technique, but recently I feel much better catch and pull, but it is still too slow swimming. Even for 25m it is max 17:80sec from water start. What is the best training plan for crawl ? More swimming or swimming and the gym ? More mobility ( little problem for me ) ... ? Have I chance to achieve time close to 1 minute ever at this ege ? :) How ? Thanks in advance ! grzybek
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    It's also hard to give feedback without video. Grzbyek, can you ask somebody to shoot a video of your stroke? If we can see what you are currently doing, we can give feedback on how you could improve your speed. Along with a training plan, improving technique is KEY to improving speed! Hi, Today evening I will try to post some video. I have some conlusions - not to high elbow above the water, not good EVF as well. Feel quite good catch but in the most powerful moment at the end of pull I "lost" the water from hand = not good push and slide. I swim minimum 3 times a week, can be more. Two times it is training in local Masters Team. Very good trainings but maybe too small technique corrections. Tasks, tasks, ... around 2,5-3km per 1,5h training. If I go alone I do rather technique excecises 45 min. Regards, grzybek
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    It's also hard to give feedback without video. Grzbyek, can you ask somebody to shoot a video of your stroke? If we can see what you are currently doing, we can give feedback on how you could improve your speed. Along with a training plan, improving technique is KEY to improving speed! Hi, Today evening I will try to post some video. I have some conlusions - not to high elbow above the water, not good EVF as well. Feel quite good catch but in the most powerful moment at the end of pull I "lost" the water from hand = not good push and slide. I swim minimum 3 times a week, can be more. Two times it is training in local Masters Team. Very good trainings but maybe too small technique corrections. Tasks, tasks, ... around 2,5-3km per 1,5h training. If I go alone I do rather technique excecises 45 min. Regards, grzybek
Children
No Data