Tech suit help.

Former Member
Former Member
I have recently gotten back into swimming and I am looking for my first tech suit. *** stroke is my choice swim along with free (If this helps for certain suits). I am 6 01 and roughly 200lbs. with a waist size of 34. Any help would be great. Ryan
Parents
  • You're going to be around a 30 depending on how thick your thighs are. But I would definitely recommend finding a place to try some brands on before buying. I'm 6'1"+ 195# with a 33" waist but pretty big thighs for a swimmer thanks to my Olympic lifting phase a couple years back. I have a 30 TYR Thresher that has almost no compression after my first meet so I probably should have gotten a 28. Just recently went to the swim shop to try some other brands on to get something tighter, tried a 30 BlueSeventy and couldn't get the thing on all the way because it wouldn't fit over my thighs - either it was made for short people or the gasket material in the thighs didn't have enough stretch. Ended up with a 30 Speedo LZR Racer Pro that fits about as well as I could hope. That's my N=1, I don't have experience with any other brands but Nike and they are out of the tech suit game. But anyway you should try to find someplace to try some on first.
  • You're going to be around a 30 depending on how thick your thighs are. But I would definitely recommend finding a place to try some brands on before buying. I'm 6'1"+ 195# with a 33" waist but pretty big thighs for a swimmer thanks to my Olympic lifting phase a couple years back. I have a 30 TYR Thresher that has almost no compression after my first meet so I probably should have gotten a 28. Just recently went to the swim shop to try some other brands on to get something tighter, tried a 30 BlueSeventy and couldn't get the thing on all the way because it wouldn't fit over my thighs - either it was made for short people or the gasket material in the thighs didn't have enough stretch. Ended up with a 30 Speedo LZR Racer Pro that fits about as well as I could hope. That's my N=1, I don't have experience with any other brands but Nike and they are out of the tech suit game. But anyway you should try to find someplace to try some on first.
Children
No Data