Masters in San Diego

Hi Gang. I will be in San Diego the last week of April. I am debating if I need to rent a car, or if I can Uber myself to swim practice. Suggestions please? I looked at "Places to swim" and have no idea what is actually close to my hotel (Hilton Bayfront). Being so close to Nationals, I would like to find a good pool/club to begin taper.
Parents
  • I swim at UCSD in the evening and it’s great. Not too crowded (1 to 2 per lane since there are 20 lanes), everyone’s friendly and the workout is well run. We have blocks to work on starts. The training pool will be SCY until around April 1st and then we usually switch to LCM. Since my lane mate and I are always tapering for Nationals in April the coach writes taper workouts for us and we do them in the other pool (sometimes referred to as the warm pool, I love it) which remains at SCY until JUne. Both pools are 50M x 25 yards. I’d Uber/lyft because you will have to pay for parking, around $4 for the evening. I’m guessing at the parking cost because I just buy an annual parking pass.
  • I swim at UCSD in the evening and it’s great. Not too crowded (1 to 2 per lane since there are 20 lanes), everyone’s friendly and the workout is well run. We have blocks to work on starts. The training pool will be SCY until around April 1st and then we usually switch to LCM. Since my lane mate and I are always tapering for Nationals in April the coach writes taper workouts for us and we do them in the other pool (sometimes referred to as the warm pool, I love it) which remains at SCY until JUne. Both pools are 50M x 25 yards. I’d Uber/lyft because you will have to pay for parking, around $4 for the evening. I’m guessing at the parking cost because I just buy an annual parking pass.
Children
No Data