Tennis elbow-doesn’t hurt while swimming

Former Member
Former Member
I have tennis elbow in my left elbow. I’ve had it in my right elbow and had successful surgery a few years ago. While I’m swimming I feel no discomfort at all. I swim freestyle almost exclusively. I use resistance gloves as well with zero pain or discomfort. Outside of the pool I can barely lift a bottle of shampoo or my Diet Coke can without feel pain. My question is since I’m not feeling pain while swimming am I doing damage anyway? I took up swimming because of my elbows...weights are not a good idea for me. I don’t want to have to stop swimming now too. Thoughts?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    which also triggered a bout of shingles. UUMMM?I don't think they are related this way. I M H O I believe they are, in fact. As I understand it, if you've had chicken pox the virus never leaves your body but instead remains dormant where the body's large nerves attach to the spinal cord. Trauma and stress can both reactivate the virus, causing it to multiply and travel down the nerve, which is what happened in my case ... the same arm that with the injured tendon was also struck by shingles a few days later. I should also mention that the tendon injury, although it came on over time, suddenly and without warning became extremely painful literally overnight (in fact the first night it struck it woke me out of a deep sleep) ... I guess the damage had reached some sort of critical point. It's not uncommon to get shingle after serious accidents or illnesses ... even extreme stress can bring it on. And when this happened I was below the age when one could have attributed the onset to my age.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    which also triggered a bout of shingles. UUMMM?I don't think they are related this way. I M H O I believe they are, in fact. As I understand it, if you've had chicken pox the virus never leaves your body but instead remains dormant where the body's large nerves attach to the spinal cord. Trauma and stress can both reactivate the virus, causing it to multiply and travel down the nerve, which is what happened in my case ... the same arm that with the injured tendon was also struck by shingles a few days later. I should also mention that the tendon injury, although it came on over time, suddenly and without warning became extremely painful literally overnight (in fact the first night it struck it woke me out of a deep sleep) ... I guess the damage had reached some sort of critical point. It's not uncommon to get shingle after serious accidents or illnesses ... even extreme stress can bring it on. And when this happened I was below the age when one could have attributed the onset to my age.
Children
No Data