Tennis elbow-doesn’t hurt while swimming

Former Member
Former Member
I have tennis elbow in my left elbow. I’ve had it in my right elbow and had successful surgery a few years ago. While I’m swimming I feel no discomfort at all. I swim freestyle almost exclusively. I use resistance gloves as well with zero pain or discomfort. Outside of the pool I can barely lift a bottle of shampoo or my Diet Coke can without feel pain. My question is since I’m not feeling pain while swimming am I doing damage anyway? I took up swimming because of my elbows...weights are not a good idea for me. I don’t want to have to stop swimming now too. Thoughts?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I think you should see a doctor asap about this and be really careful about using hand-resistance devices while swimming (in my opinion you should stop using them altogether). I used to use hand paddles to pull on free style and as a result I did a lot of damage to my elbow tendons, particularly on the left side, which also triggered a bout of shingles. Before the major injury occurred I also noticed that once I got swimming I had no pain during the swim ... but the injury was apparently occurring anyway. My tendons eventually healed, but very slowly, and I have never gone back to using any sort of hand-resistance device. The injuries have not recurred although I have occasional and minor pain in my tendons if I work out hard and without taking a rest day now and again. This is exactly what I was wondering. I have stopped using resistance gloves and will likely not use them again. I will be having surgery on my elbow in mid April. Thank you for your reply! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    I think you should see a doctor asap about this and be really careful about using hand-resistance devices while swimming (in my opinion you should stop using them altogether). I used to use hand paddles to pull on free style and as a result I did a lot of damage to my elbow tendons, particularly on the left side, which also triggered a bout of shingles. Before the major injury occurred I also noticed that once I got swimming I had no pain during the swim ... but the injury was apparently occurring anyway. My tendons eventually healed, but very slowly, and I have never gone back to using any sort of hand-resistance device. The injuries have not recurred although I have occasional and minor pain in my tendons if I work out hard and without taking a rest day now and again. This is exactly what I was wondering. I have stopped using resistance gloves and will likely not use them again. I will be having surgery on my elbow in mid April. Thank you for your reply! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Children
No Data