Firebelly - audio training aid, tempo, split, stroke count,

Wondering if anyone here has seen or heard of this? My sister-in-law just sent me this page. Looks like its inventor is just getting things kicked off. Maybe he is here - says he is a Masters swimmer. Looks to be a device that calls out information to you on your turns - stroke count, tempo, split time, distance, etc. I've been trying to find a smart watch that will show me a stopwatch and heart rate at the same time since there aren't sufficient clocks where I swim, but still haven't found one. I might be able to use this device in lieu of a stopwatch, and just have a device to show my heart rate. This also apparently sends info to one's smart phone at the end of the workout. I am really intrigued by this: www.indiegogo.com/.../firebelly-swimming-improved-fitness
Parents
  • I have used the Firebelly and it is excellent. If you have no clock or if you have an analog clock, Firebelly can be very effective for you. You can set it to give you your sendoff on any time interval you want. It can give you splits at the 25, 50 or 100 and you can actually hear the times! The voice that tells you the time takes a little getting used to, but once you get an ear for it, it works fine. When swimming intervals it gives you an audio signal with five seconds to go and then you hear a "beep" as you would in a race. Also, it helps you to practice good finishes because you don't have to pop your head up to see the time on the clock. Just keep your head down to the wall and do a proper finish and you will get your time to the one hundredth of a second. How secure did you find the device? Did you tuck it under a cap or just under the goggles strap? I've struggled with the Tempo trainer staying secured without a cap. Tucking it under the cap didn't feel right, and I found it a bit of a pain to start.
  • I have used the Firebelly and it is excellent. If you have no clock or if you have an analog clock, Firebelly can be very effective for you. You can set it to give you your sendoff on any time interval you want. It can give you splits at the 25, 50 or 100 and you can actually hear the times! The voice that tells you the time takes a little getting used to, but once you get an ear for it, it works fine. When swimming intervals it gives you an audio signal with five seconds to go and then you hear a "beep" as you would in a race. Also, it helps you to practice good finishes because you don't have to pop your head up to see the time on the clock. Just keep your head down to the wall and do a proper finish and you will get your time to the one hundredth of a second. How secure did you find the device? Did you tuck it under a cap or just under the goggles strap? I've struggled with the Tempo trainer staying secured without a cap. Tucking it under the cap didn't feel right, and I found it a bit of a pain to start.
Children
No Data